IDEs (Development Environments)
We love to code here, and Andronix is a portable computer. Why not use it to code anywhere? You can use full-fledged IDEs inside Andronix.
Here are the steps needed to install IntelliJ Idea on your Andronix instance
- Download the latest tar.gz file from JetBrains official download page.
- After downloading the tar.gz, make sure that it is in your download folder and after run the following command.
xto the name of the tar downloaded.
tar -xzf ideaIU-2xxx.x.x.tar.gz -C ~/Desktop/
- The tar should now be unzipped in
Desktop/ideaIU-2xxx.x.x, where 'x' stands for the year and version number.
- Now choose the command from below and run it inside Linux terminal
Debian/ Ubuntu/ Kali Linux
sudo apt install openjdk-11-jdk -y
sudo pacman -S jdk-openjdk
xbps-install -S openjdk
apk --no-cache add openjdk11 --repository=http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/community
- We can now proceed to run Idea, navigate to Desktop/ideaIU-2xxx.x.x/bin and execute the idea.sh with the following command-
- Yay! 🎊 That's all you need to do to run IntelliJ on your device.
Debian based distros (Package Manager - apt)
Please execute the following command from within the distro's shell-
apt install wget -y && wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AndronixApp/AndronixOrigin/master/Uninstall/vscode_patch.sh && chmod +x vscode_patch.sh && ./vscode_patch.sh