We love to code here, and Andronix is a portable computer. Why not use it to code anywhere? You can use full-fledged IDEs inside Andronix.
We have only tested VS code, IntelliJ Idea, IntelliJ DataGrip, MonoDevelop (tested GTKsharp, ASP NET, ASP NETCORE this last have a problem with the target framework), Mono (In console, you can compile simple console programs in C #) Net Core. You can test other IDEs and edit this page to add it to the list.
Here are the steps needed to install IntelliJ Idea on your Andronix instance
The instructions assume that you have the SDK for your language already installed for the distro you are using.
- Download the latest tar.gz file from JetBrains official download page (opens in a new tab).
- After downloading the tar.gz, make sure that it is in your download folder and after run the following command.
xto the name of the tar downloaded.
tar -xzf ideaIU-2xxx.x.x.tar.gz -C ~/Desktop/
- The tar should now be unzipped in
Desktop/ideaIU-2xxx.x.x, where 'x' stands for the year and version number.
- Now choose the command from below and run it inside Linux terminal
Debian/ Ubuntu/ Kali Linux
sudo apt install openjdk-11-jdk -y
sudo pacman -S jdk-openjdk
xbps-install -S openjdk
apk --no-cache add openjdk11 --repository=http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/community
Fedora is not recommended for use of Jetbrains IDE.
- We can now proceed to run Idea, navigate to Desktop/ideaIU-2xxx.x.x/bin and execute the idea.sh with the following command-
- Yay! 🎊 That's all you need to do to run IntelliJ on your device.
Andronix supports VS Code on all four of our support CPU architectures, namely ARM64(armv8), armv7, i686 and x86_64.
VS Code comes pre-installed with out Modded OSs.
Debian based distros (Package Manager - apt)
Please execute the following command from within the distro's shell-
apt install wget -y && wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AndronixApp/AndronixOrigin/master/Uninstall/vscode_patch.sh && chmod +x vscode_patch.sh && ./vscode_patch.sh