Andronix 7.0 - Refresh
Long time no-see, and here we are again. Andronix is getting updated to version 7.0.
What are the changes?
A lot of things have changed. Some are mentioned down below:
Here is a brief changelog:
- We are excited to announce a significant update to the design of our app, Andronix. Our team has put in a tremendous effort to deliver a modern and intuitive user interface that greatly simplifies the process of installing distributions.
- The new design offers a streamlined experience, guiding users through every step of the installation process with ease, making it more accessible to users of all skill levels. This update is a significant step forward in our mission to provide a seamless and efficient experience for our users. We believe that this new design will greatly enhance the overall user experience, making it more enjoyable and less cumbersome to install your desired distributions.
- Another exciting enhancement that we are pleased to announce is the introduction of an intuitive guidance system during the installation process. Andronix now walks users through all the steps of installing a distribution, including the execution of scripts, VNC server operations, and other related tasks. This feature makes the installation process more seamless, reducing the possibility of errors and ensuring that users have a smooth experience. The guidance system also makes it more accessible for users who may not have prior experience with installing distributions. We believe this feature will significantly improve the overall user experience, making it more manageable and less intimidating for our users.
- We are also pleased to announce an upgrade to the versions of Ubuntu available on Andronix for both unmodified and modified variants. These versions have been upgraded to the latest Long-Term Support (LTS) release, version 22.04. This upgrade ensures that our users have access to the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes. We understand the importance of staying up to date with the latest software releases, and this upgrade is in line with our commitment to providing our users with the best possible experience. With this upgrade, our users can enjoy the latest and most stable version of Ubuntu, with the assurance that they will continue to receive support and updates for the next several years.
In addition to the upgrade to Ubuntu, we are also planning to upgrade the versions of other distributions available on Andronix. These upgrades will be implemented gradually over the next few weeks. This phased approach ensures that we can thoroughly test the updates and make any necessary adjustments before making them available to our users. We understand the importance of stability and reliability when it comes to software updates, and this gradual rollout approach ensures that we can deliver the best possible experience for our users. We are confident that these upgrades will bring additional features and improvements to our users, making the app more versatile and useful.
Our documentation @ https://docs.andronix.app (opens in a new tab) has been updated.
Andronix 7.0 does include some significant changes. All of which are mentioned below-
- We regret to inform our users that we have had to remove the Termux app downloader feature that was built within Andronix. This decision was made due to violations of Google Play's policies. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and assure our users that we are working diligently to find an alternative solution that will provide the same functionality without violating the policies of the platform. We understand the importance of this feature to our users and assure you that we are committed to providing you with the best possible experience. Our team will continue to monitor the situation and will keep our users informed of any updates.
This has been updated in our documentation- https://docs.andronix.app/termux/migrating-to-f-droid#integrated-method (opens in a new tab)
We hope that you will like this release.
Andronix has been suffering from poor ratings on the Play Store because of Termux dropping support for Google Play Store.
Please consider rating us on the Play Store @ https://play.andronix.app (opens in a new tab). Thank you.